Should you be experiencing trouble accessing our site, or it's slow to load, there may be a technical issue. You can follow the troubleshooting steps here to see if there is a quick solution.
SportPesa endeavours to minimise the potential threat of technical issues so we do our best to monitor the status of our website & services offered, whilst also undergoing regular maintenance to improve your overall experience.
Should you experience trouble with the performance of our site, there might be a technical issue. These can range from:
• Problems logging in or staying logged in
• Unresponsive links
• Display & functionality issues
• Problem using services and features
If technical issues arise, we’d recommend:
• Clearing your Cookies & Cache
• Checking for updates on your device or browser
• Trying another browser or device
• Check your Internet connection
• Check your firewall, network & internet settings
You can follow our tips for a quick solution and hopefully you will be back up and running in no time.
Supported web browsers & devices
SportPesa is supported on most desktop & mobile browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc. We’d recommend having the latest version of your device & browser, checking for regular updates. Updates can usually be found in your devices Settings or System Preferences.
SportPesa’s platform no longer supports Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) when developing and testing new features. Microsoft discontinued maintenance on IE8 in 2015 but no loss of existing functionality is expected, however future irregularities may occur.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache?
Google Chrome Desktop Browser
1. Go to “Settings” (Ctrl+Shift+Delete on your keyboard).
2. Go to “Clear browsing data” which is found under “Privacy and security”. You may need to use the “Advanced” drop down to access this.
3. A box will appear with Basic & Advanced settings (appears straight away using keyboard shortcut).
4. On basic settings, only tick the boxes that say “Cookies and other site data” & “Cached images and files”.
5. Select the time range & click on “Clear data”.
Firefox Desktop Browser
1. Go to “Options” (Ctrl+Shift+Delete on your keyboard).
2. Go to “Privacy & Security” where you can manage your content & preferences.
3. Go to “History” & “Clear All History”.
4. A box will appear (appears straight away using keyboard shortcut).
5. Only tick the boxes that say “Cookies” & “Cache”, plus any more to your preference.
6. Select the time range & click on “Clear Now”.
Safari Desktop Browser
1. Go to “Preferences”.
2. A window will appear, click on “Privacy”.
3. Select your preferences via “Cookies and website data” & click on “Remove All Website Data…”.
4. Click “Remove Now”.
iPhone Safari Browser
1. Go to your iPhone “Settings”.
2. Go to “Safari”.
3. Go to “Clear History and Website Data” and confirm.
You can also go to “Advanced” & “Website Data” & also go directly through the Safari app to manage your preferences.
Google Chrome Mobile App
1. Access the app and go to “History”.
2. Select “Clear Browsing Data…”.
3. Select “Cookies, Site Data” & “Cache Images and Files”.
4. Click on “Clear Browsing Data”.
The way to clear Cookies & Cache will vary depending on your device or browser. If you need assistance for other devices and browsers, search engines such as Google will help find you a guide.
How do I check that I have the latest version of my device or browser?
It is important to keep up to date with the latest versions for your device and browser in order to improve your experience. You can often check for updates through your Settings but this can vary depending on your device or browser. Here are some ways to check for updates on certain devices & browsers:
• Windows PC: Go to your “System Settings” & “Check for updates”. After checking it’ll display whether you’re up to date or whether an update is requires & what the update is. A restart is often required for the update to take place.
• Google Chrome: Click “More” (3 vertical dots) in the top right-hand corner when on the browser. If an update is required, there will be an option saying “Update Google Chrome”.
• iPhone/iPad devices: Go to “Settings”, “General” & “Software Update”. If there’s an update available, you will get the option to “Update & Install” the latest version. You would require a WiFi connection to update your device.
• Android devices: Go to “Settings” & “About phone/tablet” depending on your device. There should be an option that says “Software/System/Download update”, depending on your device. Check for updates and download if one is available.
• iPhone/iPad apps: Go to the “App Store” app & “Updates” to see if your browser app needs updating.
• Android apps: Go to the “Google Play Store” app, select the menu & go to “My apps & games”. Apps with an update available are labelled “Update”. Tap “Update” to update your browser app.
Trouble accessing our site or certain features?
If you are having issues accessing our site on certain devices, it is always worth checking if there’s anything restricting you:
Firewall & Network Settings
A Firewall is a security device that monitors and restricts potential threats to your device. It is worth checking your Firewall & Network settings to ensure there’s no restrictions on our site or its content. These options are often found in your devices System or Security settings. We strongly recommend using only strong and trusted or private networks.
Browser & Internet Security
You are able to stay in control of what content is accessed on your browser. Often found in your browsers Privacy & Security Settings, you can stay in control of what content you access by restricting access to certain websites & changing the strictness on what content displays.
Display & functionality issues
Some of our content, including most of our Casino & Live Casino games are supported by Flash Player. This would need to be installed and enabled on your browser to play certain games. If Flash is not enabled on your browser, a pop-up would usually appear in the top right-hand corner saying “Plug-in blocked”. Selecting this message would usually allow you to manage your Flash Settings, then you will be able to allow Flash to run.
This can also be found on Google Chrome by going to “Settings”, “Privacy and Security” and “Content Settings”. There will be an option to enable Flash through there.
If you are having further issues with the display of our site on desktop, mobile or tablet, please refer to the troubleshooting tips above.
Trouble logging in or staying logged in?
Please try our troubleshooting tips above in case you have issues logging in. It is also worth noting that you are only allowed to be logged into one device at a time; you will be logged out and notified if you are logged in to multiple devices.
I am still having issues
If you are still experiencing issues, our Customer Support team will be on hand from 8am till 9pm each day to assist.